header ads

Ariana Grande Defends Kesha: If She Were A Man, She Wouldn’t ‘Be In This Position’

Consider Ariana Grande unamused with the way Kesha has been treated in the music industry. The ‘Dangerous Woman’ singer defended her friend with a very good point: if Kesha were a man, she wouldn’t be going through this!


Ariana Grande, 22, voiced her opinion that Kesha, 28, has been treated so unfairly by Sony and the music industry because of sexist double standards. Ariana told Carson Daly, 42, during an AMP Radio interview on March 11 that her friend Kesha’s battle to free herself from her contract with Sony and producer Dr. Luke, 42, her accused rapist, wouldn’t be happening if she happened to be male. Read on for Ariana’s explanation!


“I love Kesha. I worked with her when I was a lot younger. We’ve been friends, I support her, regardless of what’s going on,” Ariana told Carson when asked about Kesha’s legal battle. “I didn’t know about a lot of [her problems with Dr. Luke]. At the time I was really young. We didn’t discuss any of this.

“The incredible double standards that we [women] face on a daily basis, in the industry and just in the world – it’s shocking,” Ariana continued. “I would be so amused – and pardon me if this comes across as sexist – but I don’t think a male artist would be in this position right now. Sorry.”

Taylor Swift & Demi Lovato Feud Over Kesha Legal Battle

What a powerful statement! Many of Kesha’s sisters in the music industry have put their full support behind the “Tik Tok” singer, who claims that Dr. Luke drugged and raped when she was just 18.

Her refusal to work with her alleged rapist has had drastic effects on her career and psyche. Kelly Clarkson, 33, worked with the producer many times, and she revealed that she was “blackmailed” into working with him on her last album. If she didn’t, then her label reportedly wouldn’t make it.

Though Sony has now dropped Dr. Luke in the wake of this controversy, it’s too little, too late. “If I’m speaking out about something that I’m passionate about; I’m willing to take the brunt for fighting for what I believe in,” Ariana said. “And my fellow women are definitely something that I will always be one of the first to speak up about.”


Post a Comment

0 Comments