header ads

Kerry Washington ‘Taken Aback’ By Adweek Cover Photoshopping

Kerry Washington is calling out Adweek for a cover photo she says looks nothing like her. The “Scandal” star took to social media on Tuesday to set the record straight about the photoshopped picture.



Washington posted a lengthy message across her social media platforms, writing, “I have to be honest… I was taken aback by the cover. Look, I’m no stranger to Photoshopping. It happens a lot. In a way, we have become a society of picture adjusters – who doesn’t love a filter?!?”

She went on, “And I don’t always take these adjustments to task but I have had the opportunity to address the impact of my altered image in the past and I think it’s a valuable conversation.”

Upon seeing the cover, which features the actress seated in a black and white striped dress, she explained that she was uneasy with the digital changes the magazine had made. “I just felt weary.

It felt strange to look at a picture of myself that is so different from what I look like when I look in the mirror. It’s an unfortunate feeling,”

Washington continued in her post. “That being said. You all have been very kind and supportive. Also, as I’ve said, I’m very proud of the article.”



The actress’ unhappiness over the cover was in contrast to her initial feelings about being asked to appear on the magazine. “When they invited me to do a cover, I was excited and thrilled. And the truth is, I’m still excited.

I’m proud of the article. And I like some of the inside images a great deal,” she explained. She concluded her message with, “Thank you for being patient with me while I figured out how to post this in a way that felt both celebratory and honest.”



gossipcop

Post a Comment

0 Comments