header ads

Melissa McCarthy: I've Learned to Love My Flaws

Melissa McCarthy, who's set to become the first woman to receive the the Comedic Genius Award at Sunday's MTV Movie Awards, likes herself just the way she is, thank you very much. 






"I feel sexiest when I feel comfortable, when I feel most myself, when I’m not trying to be anything other than who I am," she McCarthy told PEOPLE and EW editorial director Jess Cagle in the latest edition of The Jess Cagle Interview. "[I love] all of it: my flaws, my shortcomings, my body parts that you're like, 'Well, couldn’t that be better?' I think, especially after having kids, I go, 'Well, the alternative is pretty bad. I’ll take me as I am.' "

It's not the first time the 45-year-old star of The Boss has spoken out about positive body image. She previously told EW she once confronted a film critic who'd trashed her looks in his review of Tammy. "Are you the one who wrote I was only a good actor when I looked more attractive and that my husband should never be allowed to direct me because he allowed me to look so homely?"

And ahead of launching her own plus-size clothing line, Seven7, last August, McCarthy hit back at body-shamers in the June 2015 issue of More.
"People don't stop at size 12. I feel like there's a big thing missing where you can't dress to your mood above a certain number. [Malls] segregate plus-size [women].

It's an odd thing that you can't go shopping with your friends because your store is upstairs hidden by the tire section. 'We'll put you gals over there because we don't want to see you and you probably don't want to be seen,'" she said.

Watch more of McCarthy's segment, in which she confesses her love of the Hamilton soundtrack and explains why she likes the smell of skunks, in the video above.

Now in theaters, The Boss was written and executive produced by McCarthy and also stars Kristen Bell and Peter Dinklage.



people

Post a Comment

0 Comments