header ads

Steph Curry Devastated After Warriors Lose NBA Finals: ‘It Hurts, Man’

While the Cleveland Cavaliers were in full-on celebration mode after their big win in Game 7 of the NBA Finals, it was a night of total devastation for the Warriors. But Stephen Curry kept his head up while addressing the media after the loss, and discussed why he was taking it so hard.




Stephen Curry, 28, was absolutely distraught after his team, the Golden State Warriors, lost the NBA Championship to the Cleveland Cavaliers on June 19, but he put on a brave face to give his take on the defeat during a post-game presser. See what he had to say about the game, the series and more here!

“It hurts, man. That’s all I’m really kind of marinating on right now,” he admitted to reporters. “I’m proud of every single guy that stepped foot on the floor for our team this year. It wasn’t easy what we accomplished, and it’s not an easy pill to swallow what we didn’t accomplish. You gotta just take the good with the bad and understand that we hopefully will have many more opportunities to fight for championships and be on this stage because it’s what it’s all about.”



The Warriors started off the 2015-2016 season strong, setting the record for longest winning streak to begin a season at 16-0. Unfortunately, the playoffs are a completely new game, and the guys just couldn’t get it done one final time against the Cavs.

The last minute of the game will likely be on Steph’s mind for a while, too, because he was guarding Kyrie Irving during the play in which the Cavaliers’ point guard made a 3-pointer to put his team up 92-89. LeBron James then made a free throw with 10 seconds left and the Cavs ended the game as champions with a 93-89 victory.

“I had some good moments but didn’t do enough to help my team win,” Steph admitted. “I was aggressive, but in the wrong ways, I was settling. It will haunt me for a while because it means a lot to me to try and lead my team and do what I need to do on the court in big stages. I’ve done it before, but I didn’t do it tonight.”

Folks, are you shocked that the Warriors lost? How do you think Steph handled it?


hollywoodlife

Post a Comment

0 Comments