header ads

I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi

After going through this thread where the governor of my state donated 2016 Prado suv which cost 15 million Naira each I wept bitterly because I know the poor condition of my state. I am from ebonyi state and am not a shame to tell people my state of origin.




I am writing this article with tears in my eyes because even our South East brothers consider or see ebonyians as fools because of ebonyians don't go to school. People like me who are willing to go to school can't because no money but the governor prefer giving out 2016 suv to house members that already have many cars. Please my governor, what happens if you use that money which you used to acquire 2016 prado suvs for scholarship?

I went to Lagos of a recent to pay my uncle a visit, believe me I discovered that 95% of the people hawking on the street are ebonyians. Why can't you Mr governor use this medium that street hawking has been banned in Lagos to call those ebonyians back home and relocate them to the newly built international markets which is now a den of criminal activities in the state please?

It is a slap in our face that we ebonyians can't access loan to even farm which we are good at my governor. I still won't forget a day an ebonyi guy met me and discovered that am from ebonyi in Lagos, he asked me to follow him and start doing Street hawking that I will make it. I told him, I can't because am here for a visit and even if I want to follow him my uncle won't let me hawk even though I need money seriously for my school which am still struggling to enter because no money.

What's the fate of that guy now that street hawking has been banned in Lagos? Why can't you from that money and give loans to farmers in ebonyi, give scholarship to those willing to further their education, call those ebonyians hawking in different streets of every Nigeria state home and give them that international market to make use and pay a little money to the state government?

I am not a politician and I will never put my hand into politic. I am in my 20s but I weep bitterly for this state because there are many talents wasting in this great state. I am writing this article to you my able Governor, Enginer David nweze umahi like a son to a father because am just 20 years old.

Ebonyians in diaspora hawking, let's come back home and make a ebonyi a great state. Nothing good comes easy but I believe we will get there one day.


nairaland

Post a Comment

0 Comments