header ads

Funkmaster Flex Slams Drake’s Songwriting: He Didn’t Write Key Hits — Listen

Funkmaster Flex has a bone to pick with Drake after the rapper said he’d go on HOT 97 when they ‘fire Funk Flex’. Not if, WHEN. Rude! While Funk Flex loves Drake’s music, he called him out for not writing his own lyrics. Click through to listen to his radio rant!




“First of all, Drake, I’m not really worried about you making me lose my job,” Funk Flex said during his August 6 broadcast. “Seventy percent of your fans wear high heels. The other 30% are guys who wear sandals. I’m not concerned about you, brah. I’m just not concerned, I’m sorry!”

“We’re not concerned with the reference track,” he continued. “He’s a great entertainer. He makes great music, and sells a lot of great music. We can never take that away from him, and we shouldn’t. I’m a very big fan of his. I think he makes great music and puts on great shows.

“And there’s nothing wrong with that. And I want to explain something, I know it’s different in the game today, that you don’t base a lot of things on lyrics, and writing lyrics, and if you write them or not.
“And in actuality, to sell music, it doesn’t matter. But, in the top 5, it matters. And the top 5 is a very important category, and it’s a category he’s trying to hold onto, which is why he’s going so far with everything…If you have help on your music and on your bars to compete for that top 5 movement, that is an issue to me.”

Those are some lofty allegations against one of the biggest artists in the world! Funk Flex does repeatedly say that he loves Drake’s music, though. He’s a big fan! He’s just mad that Drake really seems to not like him. He went on to discuss the infamous moment in 2009 when Drake freestyled for him, and was caught glancing at his Blackberry, a move that suggested he pre-wrote his rap. He alleged that Drake’s team wanted HOT 97 to release video of the freestyle to prove that Drake wrote his own stuff!

Funkmaster flex rant on drake wanting him fired reference tracks diddy fight and more

“Let me tell you something for people who don’t understand the studio, ’cause I do,” Funk Flex said of Drake. “No rapper has a guy that could be or people thinkin’ is writing for him in the studio directing you or standing next to you while you’re in the booth unless he’s writing the lyrics … making sure the delivery’s right.”

He ended his Drake segment by saying that the rapper should confess that he’s had “a couple people who helped me with a couple things” instead of hiding it. “Yes, he writes, but there’s a couple key things he didn’t, and that’s just the way it is.”

Readers, are you shocked FunkFlex slammed Drake?


hollywoodlife

Post a Comment

0 Comments