header ads

Rita Ora To Sing For Pope Francis: Why She’s So Chill About The Huge Gig

So gorgeous! Rita Ora stopped by to chat with Jimmy Fallon Aug. 30, and the British beauty sure had plenty to talk about. Not only is she the host of the ‘America’s Next Top Model’ reboot, she’s getting ready to sing for the Pope!



Rita Ora has the performance of a lifetime coming up! She shared her big news during a trip to The Tonight Show, where Jimmy Fallon, 41, asked her about her next big gig, and it turns out it’s going to be singing for Pope Francis, 79! “I’m going to the vatican, I leave tomorrow! I’m more of a spiritual person, so the Vatican I figured out is actually a big deal,” she joked, being totally chill about the amazing honor.

“I looked at the guest list and I saw P.O.P.E….Pope?!” she sweetly exclaimed as if she was just learning about him for the first time!  She noted that she’s singing Greensleeves, breaking into the song with ‘What child is this who laid to rest,’ before laughing that she didn’t know the rest of the words to the hymn. Rita mentioned she’s heading there, “To celebrate Mother Teresa who has now become a saint. I’m going to do a whole ‘What’s up pope’ thing,” before Jimmy advised her to google more proper things to say to the Pontiff.

As for her gig hosting the VH-1 reboot of America’s Next Top Model, Rita said, “Shout out to Tyra Banks, we love Tyra. She asked me to come and re-2016 the show. I can’t really fill her footsteps cause she’s been doing it for so many years.”

Rita said they’re looking for more than just pretty faces. “We can find females who are doing more than just one thing and are becoming entrepreneurs and independent women. These girls that go on the show, I’m just seeing them elevate into these amazing businesswomen and that’s what I really love to see, especially in our day and age with the internet and social media and all that stuff. You never know who is going to get famous these days!” How true!

Folks, what did you think of Rita’s appearance on The Tonight Show? Was she as adorable as you expected?


hollywoodlife

Post a Comment

0 Comments