header ads

Fox News' Brian Kilmeade is really mad that Romney would 'bring religion' into his impeachment decision

Fox News' Brian Kilmeade is really mad that Romney would 'bring religion' into his impeachment decisionSen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) cited his faith as he voted to impeach President Trump, and Fox & Friends is outraged. Romney on Wednesday became the first senator in history to vote to remove a president of his own party, and in announcing his decision to do so, Romney said, "As a senator juror, I swore an oath before God to exercise impartial justice. I am profoundly religious. My faith is at the heart of who I am." Similarly, he told The Atlantic that "I have gone through a process of very thorough analysis and searching, and I have prayed through this process," though he noted that "I don't pretend that God told me what to do."This type of talk really, really upset Fox News' Brian Kilmeade, who on Thursday's Fox & Friends tore into Romney. "For him to bring religion into this -- it has nothing to do with religion," Kilmeade said. "'My faith makes me do this?' Are you kidding?" ... I mean, that is unbelievable for him to bring religion into this."Kilmeade, who suggested Romney was being "totally insincere" and had already made up his mind about impeachment long ago, insisted the situation has "nothing to do with faith," an idea that actually didn't seem to go over very well on the show. "Well, I think a lot of people are guided by their faith," Steve Doocy noted. Shortly after, Trump voiced a similar objection, saying at the National Prayer Breakfast in an apparent swipe at Romney, "I don't like people who use their faith as justification for doing what they know is wrong." > Brian Kilmeade lambasts Mitt Romney for invoking his faith in voting to convict Trump: "'My faith makes me do this'? Are you kidding? What about your faith and this case meld together? That is unbelievable for him to bring religion into this. 'His faith.'" pic.twitter.com/UIb16Txw8T> > -- Bobby Lewis (@revrrlewis) February 6, 2020More stories from theweek.com Trump just won the Iowa Democratic caucuses Should financial markets be freaked out by coronavirus? America is doing so much better than you think


Post a Comment

0 Comments